Building Partners agree to our Building Partner Commitment, as outlined below. If your organization would like to be recognized as a Lights Out Heartland Business Partner, please complete our enrollment form.
Building Partner Commitment
The Lights Out Heartland campaign periods are May and September, important migratory months of the year for our region. Below are five actions that we ask you to take to participate in the program, if applicable.
- Turn off unnecessary exterior and interior lighting, especially near the tops of buildings.
- Put necessary indoor and exterior lighting on timers or use motion sensors.
- Make sure external lighting is down shielded.
- Dim or extinguish lobby or atrium lighting.
- Block indoor lighting that can be seen from the outside, especially near the top of building by drawing shades or closing blinds.
Note: It is particularly important to take these measures between the hours of midnight and sunrise.
Your organization agrees that "recognition information" sent to us can be posted on this website and websites of "Lights Out Heartland Partners". If you are unable to provide your organization's logo during this submission, you can complete the form without sending the logo and send it us later by email.
Registered Building Partners
Below are logos of our "Building Partners". To view a list of partners by name and state, click here.